Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pre-trip Planning: Sinulog in Cebu

During our Boracay trip last October, my friends and I decided to go to Cebu this January to experience Sinulog. In November, we firmed up the dates we wanted and then started searching for flights.

Booking the Flight
I was able to book our flights via Cebu Pacific although not on a promo rate. We're leaving Manila at 4:20 in the morning and coming back on the 3:50pm flight. Our Cebu flight is quite early, but on the upside, we will be landing at sunrise. Our flight cost is Php5,760.

Searching for a Hotel
There wasn't much of a discussion on the hotel since this is not going to be the first trip to Cebu for all of us. One of my companions and I have both stayed in Hotel Elizabeth and we both enjoyed our stay so we decided to book there again for this trip. I booked our 3-night stay at the Hotel Elizabeth web site and paid the 10% deposit of Php1,625 via my credit card. Our total hotel cost per person is Php6,500.

Putting Together the Itinerary
I guess this is one of those trips where we'll be winging the itinerary since we didn't really have much time to discuss what we'll be doing from day 1 to day 4. We've all been to Cebu before on separate occasions so seeing the sights around Cebu City and Mactan island is not a requirement. We just really wanted to join the Sinulog celebration.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment